For the chicken:
2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
1 cup almond meal
1/4 coconut flour
2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp thyme leaves
1/2 tsp salt ground pepper zest from 1 lemon
2 eggs, whisked 2 Tbsp coconut oil
For the sauce:
2 cups chicken broth 3 lemons, juice of 3 and zest of 2
3/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
fresh ground pepper
1/3 cup fresh parsley
Creamy Lemon Chicken
1. In a bowl mix together almond meal, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, thyme leaves, salt and ground pepper.
2. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
3. In a skillet, heat coconut oil.
4. Dip the chicken thighs in eggs then in the almond meal mixture. Add thighs to the skillet and brown on both sides. About 4 min per side. This may take two batches. When done, set aside on a plate.
5. In the same skillet you cooked the chicken in, add chicken broth, lemon juice and zest, coconut milk and pepper. Stir together. Add arrowroot powder and blend well. Sauce will slightly thicken.
6. Return the chicken to the skillet and let cook over medium heat for about 30 min.
7. Add parsley during the last five minutes of cooking.
8. Serve with sauce spooned over chicken.
by Ali Diaz